PANDORA'S BOX

Friday, March 02, 2007



WHOA NELLY!!!

I'm Nelly, i'm Nelly, i'm Nelly, i'm Nelly...
If you want the video...
I'm on your video...
If you want the radio...
I am on the radio...
Call if you hear me, yo...
I'm Nelly, i'm Nelly, i'm Nelly, i'm Nelly...
These are the lyrics from Nelly Furtado's song 'Let My Hair Down'...
From her latest album 'Loose'...
Over the range of her last album...
Nelly Furtado has pretty much impressed me...
With her new improved different almost unheard of beats...
Groovy lingering music...
And somehow a sensual mystic quality to her voice...
While she has always been a satisfactory singer...
Her current music hasn't failed to set my feet tapping to the beats...
Her album is a mixed bag of sorts...
A mixed collaboration of a wide group of artists...
While the rap of 'Promiscuous Girl' makes me feel sexy flirty and saucy all at once...
The chorus of 'All Good Things Come To An End'...
Blows my mind with it's simplicity...
But yet it has a hidden deeper truth...
With words like...
"Flames to dust...
Lovers to friends...
Why do all good things come to an end..."
As for the almost ethereal beats of 'Say It Right'...
They linger in my mind...
Floating around...
Haunting me...
With lyrics like...
"Oh you mean nothing at all to me...
No you mean nothing at all to me...
Do you got what it takes to set me free...
Oh you could mean everything to me..."
That blow my mind...
Nelly sure has come a long way from her 'On The Radio' days...
To evolve into a mature talented singer...
My current favourite female artist on the block...
What can i say except for...
WHOA NELLY!



2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hmm whoa what song and me nelly fan to well write lyrical baby and gr88 blog

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger arwee said…

    welcome back baby!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home